Monday, December 22, 2008

10-9-08 Lauren & Mike The E-session

One of my favorite aspects of photographing a wedding is the engagement session. In my opinion the last thing that I want the session to be is a portrait session. The connection that two people have is what holds importance to me. Obviously you have chosen to set a date that you will in front of your family and friends pledge your love and devotion to each other. Something had to have clicked sometime, somewhere to drive you to this defining moment in your lives... The session is about this emotion that has brought you together. Ultimately my goal is to create fun, passionate, loving, tender and artistic images from the glimpses I get into your lives and personalities. My past clients will tell you how important this session was, my current clients have discovered this to be true and for my future clients I will leave you with one of the most inspiring things that I have been told recently...

Thank you so much Lauren and Mike for having some fun, running around NYC, and just being yourselves. What you both share is truly special and I'm so happy to be part of preserving these memories for you. Your words inspire me! You said to me,

"Cindy, it's not just a chance to have our pictures taken, it's an opportunity that when we have kids to show them where we once lived and fell in love and the things that we loved..."

Yes! Yes! Yes! You can have a grip and grin shot taken by anyone, but wouldn't you rather have to show your children one day that you aren't just parents you are people. People who rode to work on subways or taxi's, crossed over bridges , rolled in the grass, held hands while running through the street, kissed under the stars and yes, people who fell in love... I had such a blast with you both!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are going to be the most beautiful couple!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the big day! Great pic's Cindy!!!!!!!!
Love you all!
Erin

Anonymous said...

They are going to be the most beautiful couple!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the big day! Great pic's Cindy!!!!!!!!
Love you all!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Cindy! And the couple is so beautiful! Can't wait for the big day!!!!! Love you all! Erin