Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Kristin "The Senior Session"

After much prodding Kristin finally let me shoot her senior session. I've found it to be increasingly more and more difficult to photograph her as time ticks on. You think it would be easy, after all I've been taking her pictures for 17 years now give or take a month or so. It seems like as she gets older it's become harder to direct her in a shoot. She has her own ideas and inspirations on how to project an image. So as her mother it's a daunting task to try and capture the essence of who I think she is. Maybe that was my problem. Do we really ever know our kids? I asked myself this question and I came to the realization that at her age I don't think I knew what I really wanted to do therefore I can't imagine my parents knowing "me" at that stage. The only thing I know for certain is that at I love her more than life itself as cliche' as that statement may be. It's true and I'm sure those that have experienced parenthood will concur and for those of you yet to, well it's a safe bet that you will as well.

We agreed that for this shoot she would be a willing participant and I would be a photographer. I think we both did well in sticking to our plan! I had such a great time that day and it reassures me that all things are cyclical. How ironic it is that we teach and guide our children from birth to learn and grow and become independent so that they don't need us only to end up wanting them to need us....

Here are a few of my favorite shots.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

What beautiful pictures!! I really enjoyed this blog!

Janell Scheuer