Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sunday Brunch at Lacroix 11-4-07

These are just a few of my favorite things that day....

Today was a great day to be a foodie! All thanks to the wonderful Sarah and Jesse! You may remember Sarah and Jesse from their April wedding blog or maybe even the post bridal session on the beach at Atlantic City. Well they read how I love food, wines etc.. and surpised me this amazing gift certificate to Lacroix.
Lacroix is located in the Rittenhouse hotel and has been labeled as one of the best restaurants in the states and one of the 66 best for travelers in the world. The food is a fusion of regional and international flavors with a French flair. I had high expectations for this brunch and I am so happy that my expectations were exceeded beyond what I could have imagined.

The food was inventive and delicious and many times a myriad of flavors in mere mouthfuls. The service was impeccable. The decor an understated beauty and the light from large windows made for a nice ambiance. There were so many tasty morsels, way too many for me to list so I will detail a few of my favorites
  • Jumbo Shrimp w/cocktail sauce: could not be consumed in less than 3 bites- perfectly poached
  • House Smoked Salmon: The best smoked Salmon I have ever had -delicate and like butter melting in your mouth
  • Caramel green Apple Soda: refreshing - tasted like Halloween- I could picture this drink as a yummy shot
  • Polenta Fries: sooo good, perfectly crispy texture on the outside and creaminess on the inside
  • Sunny Mimosa: how can you go wrong with Champagne and OJ
  • Oysters on the half shell: these were so fresh and delicate in flavor that I had to have more than 1( okay , I had 4)
  • Braised Beef Short ribs: so tender and savory- reminded me of grand mom
  • Roasted Cauliflower w/toasted almonds: A yummy smokiness and nutty finish
  • Local Squash creme caramel: OMG , subtle yet powerful flavor and texture
  • Earl Grey Creme Brulee: my favorite dessert
In short, after 2 hours of dining, chatting, taking pictures, it was time to go. I left with my belly full and a confirmed appreciation for the talent and hard work that goes into not just the refined tastes and flavors that some chef's put into their food but also the visual stimulation of some very artistically prepared dishes. If you have the chance to go by all means treat yourself and enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Me said...

Yay! We're so glad you enjoyed it!

Also--We've gotten so many compliments on our wedding album! People say they've never seen anything like it.

Thanks again for everything :)

Sarah and Jesse