Monday, October 13, 2008

The Wedding of Eric & Archana 8-31-08

Springfield bound today with Lori to enjoy and capture the festivities of The Hindu Marriage Ceremony uniting Eric and Archana. I can not say enough about how beautiful and detailed this day was. I can not post enough images to do justice to the uniting of these two families through the many aspects of the traditions and components of the day. However, I can say that I am in awe of the history and meanings behind the various components of the ceremony and it makes me feel so wonderful to be able to celebrate and absorb these customs. I think that it is a wonderful thing when customs are carried out throughout generations and can preserve heritage and beliefs through them. There were moments of fun, respect, love and appreciation and I thank you Eric and Archana for allowing us to be present throughout all of it! The food was fantastic, the performances amazing and the toasts repectively tear filled and gut busting! We all found out about Eric's alter ego and I don't think there was a single person who did not laugh hysterically. Much love to you both!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: