Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Eddee & Tim ~ The E-session 5-27-08

The reason I offer E-sessions is because I firmly believe that discovering the connection between two people and being able to capture it is something that is intrinsically necessary when trying to depict their story and for the client to be able to see themselves through my caring and thoughtful eyes. I've thought so much about this in the past few months... How the relationship between photographer and client changes so much so from the initial consult to the wedding day. I'd like to think that I am an intuitive person but more than that I really do look closely at the emotions and body language of my clients in relation to each other as well as with me. Today I was happily greeted with such a warm and genuine smile from Eddee. I could sense already that both her and Tim were ready to place themselves in my hands and that alone makes the session so much easier.

Those of you that know me know that I really don't like my picture taken. So when you allow me to capture you at your most vulnerable I feel a responsibility to create a positive experience. We all have our limits and I prefer to never have to do a "portrait" style session if I ever have to. By that I mean the kind of session where you just look here and cheese because it's easy to look and stand awkwardly while smiling our hollywood smiles but it's difficult to just let loose and have the real you captured instead. I realize that this attitude puts me in a category that I may not be the photographer for everyone but conversely the ones I am for I will work a bazillion times harder because as much as it is for you it is for me that I shoot. So my point... Late night ramblings are my forte but there is a point... Eddee and Tim, I love the connection you two share in the way Eddee smiles so effortlessly while Tim holds you close. I appreciate your willingness to run around the city at my direction and mostly I thank you both so much for sharing with me your trust and your beautiful relationship!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: