Monday, June 2, 2008

The Wedding of Erin and Lou 5-17-08


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The thorns were pricking the inside of my pants near my ankles and I remember thinking to my self, now why did I think it was a good idea to climb in between these rose bushes? You see it was out of the way of the guests, on the left side, a perfect vantage to capture Lou's face while the vows were exchanged. I was happy in my spot amongst the bushes and the bees =) Yet something in my head said Cindy, you need to climb out of these bushes, smile politely to the guests watching your ever so interesting balancing act and walk to the other side. So, through the years I've learned to listen to these little voices of intuition - they are never wrong. Erin had begun her vows as I raised my camera to my eye. As I did so the emotion of her vows produced a tear that proceeded to roll down her cheek. Her hands were clasped to Lou's and rather than remove her hands from his she let the tear roll down its path. He took his handkerchief and gently wiped the tear and its counterpart from both cheeks. I melted, as did every one watching.

A beautiful day filled with so many powerful moments. The kind of moments that a girl dreams of when she thinks of what her wedding day would be like. However you simply can't script these things. Today I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to spend the day with such an amazing group of people!

I also had the opportunity to work with Danielle of Lucky Productions Video, who is such a talented videographer. I met her awhile ago at an expo and I was drawn to her work back then. She has a fresh eye through out the day I was totally lovin her style.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Look at how happy Lola is, I think she knows it's a special day for her mom and dad =) Lola walked down the aisle wearing flowers from the day and the crowd went wild!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lou's dad did old blue eyes proud as he sang while Lou accompanied him on stage Lou's grandfather watched.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
At the end of the night as Val and I left the Crystal Tea Room we were tired. Not so much physically (although my new D3 and 70-200 are sure to popeye my right arm) but mentally. You see, days like today help me to realize that every wedding I shoot I give a piece of myself in exchange for pieces of my clients. The more you give the more you get. Thank you so much Erin and Lou for trusting us implicitly and for just being yourselves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly amazing! You caputred Erin and Lou perfectly! Thank you for trusting your intsinct to leave the rose bushes. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for capturing the best moments our one of the most important days of our lives! We are so thrilled to have you photograph our wedding! You are so talented and fun to work with- and provide the best results! THANK YOU CINDY!
Love, Erin and Lou