Monday, June 16, 2008

The Wedding of Leslie and Pete 5/23/08

As I knocked on the door to Terry and Sonny's home I was greeted with such a warm and calm smile from Leslie! I was so happy to see her just positively radiant! I can always tell the vibe that a day will have by seemingly small details that are unbeknownst to most outside of my own quirky superstitions. It's true though... be calm and you attract calm, be creative and you attract creative etc... I feel so comfortable with the family so when Terry greets me with a giant hug and says, "I'm gonna miss you when we are all done with today," I wink and say well there's always baby shoots and such =) I know that as special as a wedding day is, it is just a slice of time in this ongoing circle of lifes' decisive moments. In the past few years I have found myself fortunate to be capturing so many stages of my clients lives. From engagements to marriage then pregnancy, births, baby sessions, family portraits, monumental birthdays, graduations and the circle continues. I love shooting weddings because of the emotional nature and details of the event but first and foremost, I am YOUR photographer. You see, it's a relationship that is built on trust and respect and I love being able to capture the moments of your life that you can't see because you're in it.

So with that all said, I relish the wedding day shoot knowing that this is just the beginning of a relationship with my clients and as I journey with you in capturing you and your family I feel so rewarded that these happy moments attract happiness!

So back to Leslie's day... It was gorgeous and her smile infectious! The girls looked stunning and the boys well, they were carefree, so happy to do anything and everything! Pete, as always charming and handsome! They opted to see each other prior to the ceremony and it was so romantic and I'm sure that sharing this moment privately eased any nervousness if any. Everyone was relatively calm and just excited to celebrate although Sonny, Leslie's dad was feeling a little anxious when I spoke with him because he and Leslie had choreographed a dance and he wanted to make it perfect for her. Well Sonny, You are the man!!!! That dance was so AH-MAY-ZING!!! Upbeat, full of personality, entertaining and you brought the house down! Leslie did spins and kicks and moves in that wedding dress that most people couldn't pull off in regular attire. I just kept shooting and shooting and shooting =) This day was as it should be, a celebration. You could see it in the smiles and laughter of family and guests, the love and willingness to put it all on the line from the parents, the connection of friendships and support from the bridal party and lets not forget the sweet and harmonic balance of how Leslie and Pete obviously love each other. Thank you all for such a wonderful day!

PS.... Terry and Sonny, you are both such amazing and supportive parents and I Thank you so much and appreciate your generosity! Also, the thank you cards are done and are fabulous of course, they are on their way to you, they aren't of the ordinary variety but they are made with a little extra love =)


So rather than just a few faves, here's more of a story of their day, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cindy, one word FIERCE-NESSSSSSSS! It is amazing! I'm kinda sad when I look at them because it's all over and we won't see each other. I am anxious to see other family & friends wedding pics and how these just knock them outta the ball park!