Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Anna & Jared - A Proposal Session

It was a crisp 35 degree evening with a wind chill of 26 degrees. I'm bouncing around from one dark and shadowy corner to another as I try to envision the best spot to shoot from. I sip my hot coffee and as I exhale I can see my breath leaving my lips in short puffs of smoke like air. City hall shines like a beacon in the night and the city is beautifully illuminated. It is quiet except for a few over zealous visitors running up the Art Museum steps, hands thrusting to the air in Rocky like fashion, I can hear the "Yo Adrianne"s," along with giggles from those that are actually entertained. A family approaches the tree and as the father lines up the children they attempt a family portrait. I offer to take the pic and soon they are on their way to a warmer setting. A woman approaches the top step and I watch her with her camera shooting and it clicks in my head! Here's my alibi!!! Oh yeah!

I ask her if she is going to be around for a few minutes would she mind pretending that I am taking pics of her? You see, I have a client who is proposing tonight and It was essential that I did not use a flash because the proposal is a surprise in the dead of night on top of these very steps. She agrees to be my accomplice. So like ninjas we wait and from a distance I see headlights approach and then the car parks. As two figures clad in dark coats stroll towards the tree I knew that the time was now.
Photobucket
Hmmm, doesn't the tree look beautiful Anna? Oh wait, this isn't just a beautiful stroll after dinner and we aren't just here to see the sights.... Jared drops to one knee and you guessed it, proposes. I was full of adrenaline, snapping away at my accomplice who was standing near the tree(but really at the unsuspecting Anna.)

Photobucket
I just love this pure and beautiful reaction!

Photobucket
Will she say yes?

Photobucket
Of course she does!

Photobucket
As Anna admires her ring, I think she notices that the camera is now on her and she smiles this smile that just genuinely grabs my heart and I feel so happy for the both of them.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Congratulations Anna & Jared! I'm am so thrilled to have been a witness to this amazing moment in your lives and I wish you both many more warm hugs and smiles on seemingly cold winter nights!

No comments: