Monday, October 8, 2007

Evelyn, Tyler and Rosie. A day at the dog park. 10-3-07

As I saw this shot through my lens I knew that it was a special moment. I reviewed the image on my display and I felt a tear form in the corner of my eye. I quickly turn away so that Ev doesn't see me near to crying. I wanted to stay strong and just maintain as much composure as I could for her. This time with Tyler and the images that we captured today I know are special now but will be even more so in the coming days.

Tyler is one of the most well behaved, gentle and beautiful golden retrievers I have seen. I shot his first portraits and his xmas cards for the past few years as well. He is Ev's boy and to all of our dismay he has been diagnosed with cancerous tumors in his abdomen. He is undergoing chemotherapy but this treatment is only going to postpone the inevitable for a few months. I never knew until recently the way an animal can affect your life. They just express their love and loyalty to you and without that I know that some people wouldn't have much else. Today I saw Ev cry and I cried inside too. I can't begin to imagine how I would feel if I were in her place. Ev, I just want you to know that I do care and that I am here for you as are so many people that love you.






This is Rosie. She is a Golden also. Ev rescued her and she seems so happy!


1 comment:

Prnss Eve said...

Cin.. all I have to say is MANY MANY thnx for mak'g that day so very special and the one that I will remember always!! Yeah, its quite apparent how much this damm dog has affeted my whole being and how difficult its going to b to have to let him go in such a short period of time, but jus knowing that he has broght me SOO much joy, happiness, completeness and has lived the life of a royal canine brings me a VERRY small amount of peace. I'm only sorry that it has to end this soon, mayb if he was 12 or 15 but not 4. Any way Cin, thnx again for always bring'g out his true self in all his pics, I treasure all of them!!! Especially the 1st one u posted on ur blog! (cause I no thats gonna b our last one together) Much Luv and apreciation, Ev, Ty and Rosie