Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Cue Cards to our lives...





Kristin has been saving her hard earned money for her first major purchase. A camera of course, but not just any camera... Her "baby". The value in her having to log hours of work in order to afford the $650.00 price tag speaks volumes. Needless to say it seems as if I haven't seen her in days, it's one adventure after another. She loves to shoot, has a wonderful abstract eye and embraces natural light. Every night she comes home excited to show me what she got and I look at the display and am amazed at the content while I appreciate the sheer simplicity of it all. Taking pictures just because... because the light was nice, because the background inspired, because there is beauty, just because...it is and without it do we even leave our stamp? Is there a record of our lives. Gone may be the days of shoe boxes in basements over flowing with images that were stories in themselves. It's the dawn of a new age but let us not lose sight. Let's not forget to capture the everyday event and find a moment that becomes a memory.

Tonight I pulled out my camera, leaving the flash in my bag and embraced the dim light being emitted from my lamps. At that moment Kris walked in the door and as per her usual scooped up the babies and gave them some love. Here are a few snaps with my added touches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Kristin is so gorgeous!!! I remember when she was in pigtails.

Anonymous said...

Great pics of Kristin & the puppies..they looked like they were having fun with mom taking their picture...u have little hams on our hands!