Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Wedding of Karen and Michael 6-16-07






I don't know what impressed me the most. Was it the pureness of their love, her sweet and angelic disposition, his handsome and composed presence? All I know is that Karen was beautiful and carried herself with poise all day and Michael was a prince by her side. They were so lovely and made for a serene and enjoyable day free from the rush and anxiety that can sometimes accompany a wedding. One of my favorite moments was when we were in the limo driving to the park. Karen leaned down and lightly touched one of the medals that Michael wore proudly. She admired it and as we rode quietly to our destination I was touched. I have the utmost of respect for those choosing careers in the military. The sacrifice can sometimes be so much more than any rewards. Having a strong foundation and close family ties is so necessary. I know this because my father is retired from the Air Force and we spent the first 18 years of my life traveling from base to base every 2-4 years. The experience afforded me an education on cultures and experiences that I would never have had otherwise. My mother was always there with her support from his tour in Vietnam through any and all adventures his career set before him.

In seeing Michael and Karen together, beginning their journey, I feel a sense of hope and love. They have each other now and a wonderful foundation in their faith and a loving family who it was indeed my privilege to meet. So congratulations to you both and I wish you many wonderful years together!

No comments: